Monday, November 7, 2011

My Projects

 I still love love love having a home.  I've been having so much fun decorating our bare walls. I took a few pictures of some of my recent house projects. 

 
I've seen so many people use chalboard paint, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I found some really cheap 5x7 frames, painted them green, added some black stain, and then painted the glass with chalboard paint. 



I found this piano bench for $5 at a garage sale, painted it turquoise, and put some fabric inside and then glazed it with some black stain.  Since I don't have a piano I decided to use it for a table. 


I found this mirror at goodwill, pained it white and glazed it. 
I found some really cheap picture frames for our family pictures and put them all together on my living room wall. 


I found these at goodwill and painted them black.
I found this really ugly vase and painted it turquose.
I found this old dresser super cheap, painted it white and replaced the knobs. 
This is what it looked like when I was finished. None of it's perfect since I'm really not very crafty, but I had so much fun doing all of it.
After finishing projects for my house, I sort of got addicted to finding cheap stuff and redoing it.  I talked to this lady in a store called the Bees Knees.  There is a lot of really cute painted furniture and vintage decor.  She told me that I could sell a few things in her store.  I thought it would just be a few things, but I ended up renting out a whole booth.  Wow, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  She wanted me to fill up a booth within a week, so I was a total stress case all week trying to get everything done.  I neglected my children, my house, and my husband for the whole week and managed to get some things done.  I messed up a lot and had to repaint some of the things I made.  Here are a few pictures of the things I finished.
Cake stands
Dry Erase Board
Rosette Headbands

I found this really ugly window mirror and painted it white.


I painted three chalkboard frames and glued them on a strip of burlap.

This dresser was brown before and I repainted it and distressed it.  I love how this one turned out.

This is how my booth looked when I finished everything.  It's definetely not as cute at the other booths in the store, but I was just happy to be done with it!  Now maybe I can get a little sleep :)

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Wow! You have been really busy. I'm glad you guys are having some fun. Your stuff for your house is so cute & so is that whole booth of stuff you did. I can't believe you did it all in one week! Tell everyone in your fam hi for us. We miss you guys.

The Webbs said...

Thanks Corinne! We miss you guys so much. Hopefully we can get together at Christmas.

The Talley Family said...

I LOVE all the stuff you re-did. You have a good eye for that

Hiatt Family said...

I love hearing how things are going for you in Arkansas. And I am impressed with how many projects you've been doing! I always have ideas, but hardly ever actually do them. By the way, your kids are adorable. :)

Ashley said...

Great job Amy!! All that stuff is super cute! And your house is super cute too!